An understanding of BLS requirements to include.
- Describe the principles of BLS.
- Explain when CPR would be performed.
- Explain why early CPR is necessary.
The learner will be able to.
- Demonstrate CPR on an Adult & Child.
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an Adult & Child also troubleshoot common faults (battery low, Pads out of date).
- Demonstrate using a CPR mouth shield and inserting an OP airway correctly.
- Demonstrate how to use a BVM (Bag Valve Mask)
- Demonstrate how to use oxygen, and describe the flow rate, and masks used.
- Describe precautions when using oxygen in a confined space.
- Demonstrate putting the casualty into the recovery position and what monitoring needs to be done.
- Explain why a breathing casualty should be put into a recovery position.
- Describe the handover information required for emergency services.
Learners will understand different medical emergencies and how to provide treatment for.
- Anaphylaxis reaction.
- Asthma attack.
- Heart attack
- SCA (Serious Cardiac Arrest)
- Hypoglycaemic attack.
Explain special dental requirements including oxygen kits, suction kits, BVM, and required medications.