ACTIVITY FIRST AID COURSE
Qualification accreditation number: 603/2451/X
Description: This qualification is aimed those looking to undertake the role of a first aider in sports activities. The qualification also meets the requirements for a workplace emergency first aider as outlined in the Health and Safety (First-aid) Regulations 1981 and the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1982.
This qualification has the purpose of supporting a role in the workplace.
Activity first aid course syllabus includes:
Understand the role and responsibilities of the First Aider in reference to:
- Preventing cross infection
- Importance of recording incidents and actions
- Using available equipment
- Assessing the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
Be able to carry out primary and secondary surveys and provide and administer first aid to a Child or Adult who:
- is unresponsive but breathing normally
- is unresponsive but NOT breathing normally (whether drowning or not)
- is choking
- has external bleeding
- is suffering from medical shock
- has injuries to eyes, bones, muscles, chest, and joints
- is suffering from bites, stings, and minor injuries (splinters, cuts, grazes, or bruising)
- has suspected fracture
- has head, neck, or back injuries
- has minor burns or scalds
- is having a seizure
- is suffering from anaphylactic shock
- has diabetes
- has asthma
- has allergic reactions
- Suffering from extremes of hot or cold
12 guided learning hours (2 days) with an additional 2 hours self learning.
Practical observations during your training days and a final multi-choice question paper at the end of your course.
Candidates who successfully pass all the practical elements of the course and pass the final multi-choice paper will be awarded an Ofqual approved QNUK Level 3 Award in Activity First Aid (RQF)
This is valid for 3 years from the date of the course, you will receive an A4 size certificate and also a wallet/purse size plastic qualification card.
This qualification is aimed at those over 16 who are able to undertake the responsibilities associated with being a nominated first aider. Candidates between 14-16 years can undertake the qualification, however, they should not be relied upon by employers to be a sole, nominated first aider.
It is recommended that candidates have a minimum of Level 2 literacy and numeracy or equivalent.
This qualification is available to candidates in England.
The Qualification can be delivered in other countries however candidates should be aware that the content was developed in accordance with current UK practice.